Volunteers are crucial throughout the ministry of Habitat. In fact, 75-80% of a Habitat house is built with volunteer labor, so our future homeowners depend on people coming to help them build the house for which they have been qualified.
General information to serve in construction: Volunteer hours on the job site are typically 8am-11:30am, Tuesdays through Saturdays. Locations vary but all are within Alamance County, usually within the Burlington city limits. Able-bodied men or women age 16 and older may serve. No experience or tools are necessary. To sign up:
- ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS WANTING TO VOLUNTEER MUST RESERVE THEIR DATE OF SERVICE WITH THE OFFICE BEFORE COMING TO THE JOB SITE. If you go to the job site without reserving your date ahead of time, you will be turned away. Our Construction Work Line is available ONLY IF you have already reserved your space to serve.
- Groups can be up to 8 people.
- Please email email@example.com to reserve your date. Email is best so we can send you necessary waivers, but if you must call, the number is 336-222-8191, ext 2.
- While you MUST reserve your date ahead of time, you will not know the exact location until just a couple days ahead. You will be notified of location by email at that time.
- Please plan to arrive at 7:45am.
There are other ways you can get involved with Habitat. Depending on your personal interests and various pandemic restrictions, some people volunteer to provide plants for homeowners, provide lunches/snacks for construction volunteers, lead classes on homeownership for our partner families, or help in the office with mailings. We would love to have people donate decorating skills to set up displays in the ReStores, hold demonstrations for DIY projects, photograph or video events, and other unique ways that are suited to who you are! For more information and to volunteer with HFHAC in these and other ways, please contact the Habitat office by calling (336)222-8191, Ext 2 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to serving with you!