The Habitat program is not easy, nor is it quick. You must strongly desire to improve your living situation and be willing to work hard to achieve your dream of home ownership.
After reviewing the page on Qualifications, if you are interested in applying for home ownership through HFHAC, you may click here to print and complete the full application in English. A Spanish application is also available to print here. Please mail the application with all supporting documentation to P.O. Box 5036, Burlington NC 27216. You can also bring it by our office at 317 East Sixth Street in Burlington.
With your application, provide copies of the following supporting documents as they apply to you:
- Last year’s W2s or a copy of the first page of your federal tax return
- 2 most recent pay stubs for all adults in the household who work
- Child support order (s)
- Child support payment history
- SNAP benefit statement
- SNAP benefit history
- Social Security disability benefit letter
- Social Security benefit letter
- Credit reports for all adults in the household ( www.annualcreditreport.com ). Please print all pages.
- Documentation verifying your permanent residency status in the US (driver’s license or passport)
Once your application is reviewed, the next step is a visit from our Family Selection Committee who will recommend candidates to the Board for final selection. The full process of applying for a Habitat house takes about 3 months. At any point along the way, you will be notified if more information is needed. You will also be notified whether you are accepted or rejected for the program.