The Habitat program is not easy nor is it quick. You must commit strongly to improving your living situation and be willing to work hard to achieve your dream of home ownership.
Due to the volume of applications received recently, we have stopped taking applications until Jan 1, 2020. In the meantime, you are encouraged to look at the application at the links below and the required documents that will be required at the time you submit it. You may also wish to consult with the Credit Counseling Service at 336-226-4175. They can assist you in setting up payment plans to enhance your credit so you can qualify.
After reviewing the Qualification page, if you are interested in applying for home ownership through Habitat for Humanity of Alamance County, you may click here to print an application in English. Click here for a Spanish application. Mail the completed application with all supporting documentation to P.O. Box 5036, Burlington, NC 27216. You may also bring it by our office at 1176 N. Church St. in Burlington. Also, it can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With your application, provide copies of the following supporting documents as they relate to you:
- Last year’s W2s or a copy of your federal tax return
- Two (2) most recent pay stubs for all adults in the household who work
- If Self-employed, submit appropriate tax documents
- Child support order and payment history
- Social Security disability benefit letter
- Social Security Retirement letter
- One (1) credit report for all adults in the household. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com for a free report. Print all pages. Keep a copy for yourself.
- Documentation verifying permanent resident status in the US (Identification card, drivers’ license or passport)
- Last months’ bills (water, insurance, electric, etc.)
Once your application is reviewed, the next step is a visit from our Family Selection Committee who will recommend candidates to the board for final selection. The full process of applying for a Habitat house takes about 3 months. At any point along the way, you will be notified if more information is needed. You will also be notified whether you are accepted or rejected for the program.